What are your hours of operation?
We are open Monday through Friday from 7:00am to 3:30pm. If you wish to pick up
berries, please arrive before 3:00pm. We are not open on Weekends or most Holidays.
What are the loading/unloading instructions for truckers?
Please pick up _________ pounds (_____ cases on ___ pallets) of FROZEN wild blueberries from:
Merrill Blueberry Farms, Inc.
63 Thorsen Road
Hancock, ME 04640
Loading times: 7:00am – 3:00pm M-F, first come/first served.
Merrill's Pick-up/Release#/PO#: ______________
Please call or email at least 48 hours in advance so we have time to stage the load.
Come into the door marked "Office" on the upper level, before being loaded.
(800) 711-6551 or (207) 667-9750
Attn: Janice Buckingham email@example.com
Or: Todd Merrill firstname.lastname@example.org
Reefer to be set at –10F. Please arrive "clean and cold".
No pallet exchange required.
What is the pricing of your wholesale wild blueberries?
Our wholesale price (order quantities greater than 2100 pounds) fluctuates throughout
the year, so you will need to contact sales at Merrill Blueberry Farms to discuss current
pricing and availability. To do so, either call us at (800) 711-6551 or email us at
What is the price of your frozen wild blueberries for walk-in customers?
Our prices change each year as well, but our "current" prices are listed below if
you're in the neighborhood:
- 10 pound box of conventional: $25/box, or 3 boxes for $66.
- 30 pound box of conventional: $66/box.
- 10 pound box of organic: $40/box (no discount for 3 or more)
- 30 pound box of organic: $99/box.
For walk-ins, we strongly encourage you bring a cooler with frozen gel packs for the
trip from our factory to your home freezer. We accept cash or checks only.
Can you ship a single box of frozen blueberries to me?
Yes and no. We routinely ship single boxes as samples, but it is extremely expensive.
We need to ship next day air, perishable, and pack the berries in an insulated container
with twice the weight of the berries of dry ice. It typically costs between $400 and $600
just to ship a 10 pound box of berries anywhere in the US. If you need less than 1000 pounds
of berries, you are likely better off looking in the frozen fruit section of your local chain
grocery store, and buying 1 pound or 3 pound bags of any wild blueberries. Be sure they don’t
say, "Cultivated", or just, "Blueberries". Look for the word "Wild"!
Product Packaging, Dimensions, and Overseas Shipping Information
- Packed in 30-pound (13.6kg) corrugated cardboard cases with food-grade yellow poly liner.
- Case Dimensions: 15.75 L, 11.75 W, 8.75 H
- Stacked 70 cases to a pallet as standard, but can stack max 90 cases per pallet for containers.
- For 70 cases, gross weight is 2235 pounds (includes cardboard and pallet). Net (berries only) is 2100 pounds.
- Pallet dimensions: 40"W x 48"L x 65" H (stacked 70 cases).
- Typical truckload is 39,900 - 42,000 pounds of net product (20 pallets).
- 40' shipping containers can be loaded with 48,000 – 54,000 with or without pallets.
- Preferred shipping ports from Portland, Maine (to Europe) or Halifax, Boston, or New York
- Stored at -18°F., transport temperature needs to be -10°F or below.